Sunday, July 12, 2009

Canoeing!

Church went great this morning. It was a really neat time. Canoeing was a blast! Here is the photo record :) i'll take you through the day with me....


Before we started. My team, Noah(middle: South Korean) and Murray (on right: south african)
And we're off!
Out on the great wide river!
Smile ;-p
A dragon fly wanted to join our team...

More of the group (I guess the sun was in my eyes :-p haha)
More of our group
Paddle harder!!
There they all go! (we had 7 canoes full)
We stopped at a little bank beside the swamp for lunch: chicken salad sandwhiches, chips, cookies, and peaches. Mmm!
This is what we got to look at and float through! it was gorgeous!
After. Hot, sweaty, sungreased/sunburned! It was a great 4 hour ride.
Then we went and found a little local icecream, antique, everything store! The ice cream was awesome. Completely hit the spot!
The lady running the store was named Shelly. She showed us around. This was where they do parties for little girls. they get to dress up and learn tea manners etc. She let us have a little fun ;)
On the way home. Danae and Christina (driving). Me and britaney were in the back. very fun day! Please pray for me now, as I take basic safety training this week. I have to take some tests on what we learn and i am required to pass them. Please pray all goes well. Thanks!

1 comment: