Thursday, July 15, 2010

Babies! Love them! :)

So at work, there is a little local resteraunt right beside our building inside the compound at the clinic. The woman there makes food for our dayvolunteers. Her girls always bring it over. Half the time they have this adorable little one with them. Her name is Gracia. When we first started, she was absolutely terrified of us! She wouldn't even let us come near her, much less touch or hold her. I think it was the combination of us being white and all wearing the same uniform. ;-p hehe Anyway I was determined to have her like me by the end. hehe Little by little she let me get close to her, and then touch her, and she finally let me hold her a couple weeks ago! I haven't seen her much since, so i've probably lost some ground again, but ya its kinda funny. She is adorable!

Oh and you know how I talked about women carrying babies on their backs? well I never mentioned the fact that sometimes they don't use cloth; sometimes for short distances, they will just put them on their back and put their hands like under their arms and kinda clamp them down, and the kid just hangs on. It's kind of amazing! and really cool :)



She let me hold her!! She didn't struggle, but her face says she's still unsure :-p hehe She'll smile at me as long as I'm not too close or threatening to try and hold her :-p haha
Ok so I got baby duty! and isn't this little one the most adorable thing ever!?

I had so much fun cuddling her. I think she was only a few weeks old. We were doing her momma's teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment