Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Applesbosch! Home sweet land! :)


We are here! Woohoo! And for those of you who think that all of Africa is hot and sunny. I have news for you. It is very cold right now! We are coming out of South Africa's winter. So we've been all pants (trousers for the Brits ;-p *pants mean underwear to them lol) and sweatshirts! But yes it is beautiful! and the campus we are staying on is an absolute blessing. God is so good. He really loves us. So here are some pictures. right now I'm working in the galley until we see what happens with the dental team. enjoy the pictures! I miss all of you my family and friends!

My room on the ship was completely empty after I was done packing up to move to Applesbosch.
Like i said, Hoodies! yay!
This is a sitting area behind the gym, next to the tuck shop (its like a concession stand on steroids! hehe its awesome!)where we can get internet (They are still working out a lot of details for it to be stable and perminant)
Here's the tuck shop. They have all kinds of good stuff. And that is Clare, who helps run it. The staff here running the campus for us is amazing! I'm so thankful for them!
We have a full size gym!!! I've been able to play basketball most evenings. I'm loving it.
That's my dorm building on the left, B block, and that is the dining hall on the right. like i said, beautiful!
The view from my room. That is the gym on the left and you can see just the beginning of the school for the kids on the right
This is my room! I get my own! and it has 3 beds in it, which is really funny. No I don't switch back and forth every third night. I sleep in the pink one.
The bus ride to Applesbosch from the ship. So fun and exciting!
The massive pile of crew luggage before it was all loaded on trucks to be taken to Applesbosch. The first two days were major unpacking, complete with a people chain all the way from the trucks to the gym to get the luggage in as quickly and easily as possible. :)

well thats all I have for now. I hope you are all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment