Sunday, September 12, 2010

An afternoon in a tree....A good day :)

Today was an absolutely wonderful day.

It was warm, sunny and absolutely gorgeous outside. I slept till I woke up this morning (no alarm clock yay!) and still managed to catch the last minutes of breakfast. Then Christina, Danae and I curled up in my room and watched Leap Year. Definitely one of my top favorite movies now. Absolutely fun, funny, cute and very clean. After that we put on more summery clothes (yay! Its been cold) and went for a walk to enjoy the sunshine. Then I came back and put on a tank top and some ball shorts cause I was still hot even after losing the normal sweatshirts we’ve gotten used to lately. Then I packed a small knapsack with a book, my Bible, journal, and my ipod in my pocket, put on my flip flops and went out to enjoy the day outside.

My first mission was to find food, so I stopped at the tuck shop and got french fries and a sausage roll plus some chocolate cookies J mmmm! Yummy. I ate my food sitting under a tree on the top step of the arena area out back of the gym accompanied by music from my ipod. Then, with my stomach full, I went on a hunt for a good place to set up camp for a while. I found it in a big old tree in an out-of-the-way corner at the front of the campus by the outside wall. So I climbed up and made myself comfy enjoying the breeze and the shade. I proceeded to spend the majority of the rest of my afternoon sitting in a tree J resting, napping, reading, talking to Jesus a little, and enjoying my music, switching every now and then to a new spot in the big tree. It was just wonderful. Absolutely perfect.

After about 2 hours or so I decided to see what else I might do till dinner. I met one of the guards as I was just getting down and we exchanged hellos and started a small conversation, then he pointed out one of the other female guards, Mpume, whom I’d met earlier, was waving and calling to me from the guard house, so we walked down to say hi. I visited there for a little bit and showed them pictures of my family and Joey from my ipod. They enjoyed the pictures and asked some questions about where they were and if I missed them.

After talking a little bit, I said goodbye and walked on, still having no plan, completely content with the beauty and leisure of the day, silently thanking God for the wonder and pleasure of his creation, singing to my ipod as I went. I picked a spot on a step shaded all except my legs and sat there for a few minutes just listening and singing with my music, then got up and wondered around still singing and enjoying the warmth of the sun. I found myself on the walkway leading to the school with big blue pillars on either side. So I picked one off to the side with a view of the hills and sat down on the side with some shade enjoying my music and drifting off for a few seconds here and there. It was a wonderful day. I spent all day outside, in a tree, on a step, singing songs, warmed by the sun. Thank you God for a special day. I loved it. J

No comments:

Post a Comment