Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's Only the Beginning...


Hey Everyone!
This is the Beginning of my adventure with Mercy Ships on the Africa Mercy. I Just arrived at the Mercy Ships training center in Tyler, TX on Mon, 15. We just started classroom today. It has been so exciting. I'm in the intro to mercy ships faze. Next week Gateway will start (Gateway is the specialized training for being on the Mercy Ship and hands on training for things we will experience). I have already met tons of amazing people and learned so much. I am extremely excited! I'm sensing so strongly that God is present and I am so expectant to see what he's going to do and teach me. He's outside the boat and motioning for me to step out with Him; this is the beginning....He's teaching me to walk on water!
here are some picutures...

Me and some of the girls in front of our dorm
My room
My Bed: Bottom :)

Dinner the first night :)


Our Table (I don't know what i'm doing:-p)
Our Classroom

In Classroom
(from left: Haley, Danae, Christina, me, Heather, Annie and Blake standing)
Haley is my roomie

3 comments:

  1. Hey Leah! Love the pics and your new blog! Yea!!! Hope the rest of your training goes well! ~ Elizabeth (www.elizabethstories.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It all looks great! Your dorm looks pretty simple, but nice enough. The outside reminds me of an IN house. lol. :) well, I'm already thinking about you and how you are tons. I put your blogspot as one of our favorites on the computer so everyone can look at it. Your daily postings are alot like a book me and mom are reading, called Rebekas diary. It is just the diary she wrote on her computer while she was in PNG. She just talks about her daily life there, which I bet might sound kind of similar to yours in a couple months! Its really cool, I like it! Keep it up, maybe someday we'll turn your blog into a book! lol. Well, this was a very looong comment!
    I love you! Have a good begining of the week.
    Love Alecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I just created a blog! Yay, now I can comment with my own name! :)

    ReplyDelete