Sunday, June 21, 2009

Church, Happy Fathers Day!

Today we all went to church. We filled up two rows. It was a really neat time of worship. Both the singing and preaching were powerful. The singing was about God as our father and I so enjoyed it. To me there is just nothing quite the same as worshiping God through music and song. There is just a special connection for me there. The speaking was about living unselfishly and a clip from fireproof was shown. Very touching and convicting.
After church we made our sack lunches and then went to class for orientation. Yesterday we began going around and having everyone share the story of how they came to be here now with mercy ships and also whatever background they deemed relevent. Today we continued that as we sat in a circle passing a little purple bean man across the circle. whoever catches it shares their story then throws it to someone else :) It has been so neat and a real blessing to learn where people come from, their struggles, miracles and just their stories. I haven't gone yet. I still am not exactly sure what i'll say or where i'll start hehe, but I'm just praying God tells the story how he sees it thru me.
Though it is all exciting and very beneficial I am also beginning to find it exausting. It is a different and very full schedule. I'm sure It will mellow out as I get used to it all and find my rutine :) I'm very expectant to experience what God has for me in the next couple months. Pray that I am aware and receptive. Pray that in this time God will teach me to hear his voice more clearly than ever before so I can follow Him like never before. And then that I will retain all that I learn and continue to live it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment