Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Jesus Film

Yesterday was my first day alone on the job at reception. Thank you to everyone who prayed for me! It went really well. :) i was very happy.
Tuesday night I went with a team to a Jesus film showing in a village an hour away called Gboje. It was a really neat experience. The team was mostly African, which is awesome! They speak the language, understand the cuture, and will be the ones to follow up and carry on once Mercy Ships leaves. So after the interesting ride there in the mercy ships jeeps, (The traffic is hillariously chaotic!)
As it got closer to dark, the team set up he screen and the African pastor and some others began singing. Everyone got into it and the kids all started dancing. Chris, a big southern guy from our team, joined in with them. SO funny! Then we played the movie. I think it was in Fon, the local language. As it went, the crowd grew until by the end i'd say with everyone standing behind us in the streets and other dark areads watching, the number probably reached well over 100 if not 2.
Through the movie I made little friend. A little girl was lookin for a place to sit so I offered my lap. shyly she took my hand and came to sit with me. After a while she fell asleep. later I learned her name is Claudia.
After the movie they did a little preaching or explanation and gave an invitation for people to come forward. Many did. Then the pastor and some others prayed, with response from those who came. Afterward there was more singing and me and another girl danced with little girls who would grab our hands giggling. Then it was time to pack up.
On the drive back I was surprisingly much more awake than i had been coming. And then one of the african men in the back of the jeep began playing his guitar that he had brought. And another joined him in singing. They worshipped jesus together all the way back to the base. I joined in as much as i could follow. It is such an encouragement to see the love of God in brother's and sisters all over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment