Monday, August 10, 2009

Pictures to the stories!

Hey everyone! Here are the pics i promised of the DR. I only have like 15 minutes before we leave to fly out for Europe! WOOT! hehe The trip was amazing! God taught me that Relationships are by far the most important part of anything! whether there is a job to be done or not, people are the first priority. Also He stretched me to learn a new culture and the way they work, totally different than Western culture! we are task oriented, they get it done but when is very tenetive ;-p He taught me lots of patience too. and to love through frusteration and confusion. I was also very blessed with and incredible team which God has molded into family. Most of all, I learned God is bigger than me or anyone or anything and he is in control. He know's what he is doing ;)
Sorry if these pics are a little scattered. I'll try to give you a description or short recap of the story behind each.

we helped with a feeding program for elderly and children in Villa Ascension. Mostly Haitian's. There is quite a bit of racism from the dominicans against them.
This is Susanita. the most beautiful little 2 year old Haitain girl. I wanted to take her home with me. The missionaries who work in villa Ascension with the feeding program also have a baby ministry. This little girl is one of five children, the oldest of whom is only 13. There mom is not around and their dad works all the time, so basically the 13 year old takes care of the family. When the missionaries, Jim and Sue, found susa(nickname) she was skin and bones and a total blank wall. they nursed her back to health at their home. she came around and was bright, and happy and smart playing like any child shouls and lining up her toys just so. it broke my heart to see that after I knew she had been a normal happy child at jim and sue's, now back with her family, she may be physically healthy, but for lack of love, or attention or stimulation she barely responds to you. I never did get her to smile. I wanted to adopt her and give her all the love she needs.

on the bus with the team and the boys club on our way to the mountain hiking trip! so fun and LOUD!! hahaha
This is No,No. yes you read right and for good reason. i've never seen a little kid get into so much trouble! but he is the sweetest thing ever. his mom isn't around and by the end he was calling me and another girl momma ;)

Me and Becca in our room on our First day in the DR!
There is so much more. this isn't even a start. but my ride is here. love you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment