Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ward Church!

Today we went to ward church. This is where we have a church service in the ward with the patients. The crew sits on their beds with them and the service is mostly led by Beninese. They also did music African style! it is so much fun! I sat with a mother and her six month old little girl. The little girl is here for cleft palet surgery. Right now they are trying to get her weight up before they do the surgery. She is absolutely adorable.
Yesterday Me and the Jacobsons family went on a walk around town. It was really fun! Tons of scooters, Brightly colored african clothing, people selling Fan Ice (a popsickle/icecream treat) and other things. "Gas stations" consisting of a little set up on the side of the road with a bunch of different sized bottles and containers (coke bottles and whatever else) filled with with different gases. It was quite comical :)
Today is my last day of training. I'll be on my own at reception on Wed. I have a couple days off Mon. and Tue. I'll do some more exploring and hopefully go out with some mercy teams on different projects. life is a funny thing...one day your living in Florida going to school and working at a restraunt, and the next your living and working on a Ship in Benin, Africa! What?! crazy! I love it! I'm so glad God has an adventurous character :oD

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leah,

    Great to see you have survived Europe and enjoyed it! And now the real stuff!! I wish you all the best tomorrow on your first real day of work. You can do it, for our God is with you!

    Blessings
    Maaike

    ReplyDelete